Friday, May 3, 2013

I Am a Lucky Sorcerer--Gaumata


I sat inside of Rustem’s mind and wrung my hands nervously. I was elated at the turn of events, but I couldn’t deny the fear that surfaced again, to my anger and distress.
I tried to suppress it by gloating over my success. At least I was in.

The next step was to somehow get rid of the sorceress Anahita. When the morning dawned, I urged Rustem to hurry to the creek nearby the house. The water was unbearably cold, and although I suffered what he felt, being ensconced in his body, I cared not. I let him feel the full brunt of my disgust of sex. I wanted him to feel what I felt, and in this case, as I was made to suffer by his act of sex, he was made to suffer my disgust of it. It made the bond we shared very strong. He scrubbed himself with sand and mud until his skin was red and sore. The rest of the day he passed muttering prayers and avoiding his family.
In the evening, he returned to the house. His children were playing merrily inside. His wife, the sorceress Anahita, looked worried as she eyed him, and I became convinced that all of my plans were about to be shattered. Just then, as Rustem was unfastening his sandal, the wretched girl, his daughter Spenta, jumped upon him and grabbed his ears, urging him to pretend to be a horse. My loathing of the feel of her body was well communicated to Rustem, and he reacted by throwing her off. This was reckless of me, but it was an automatic response. I looked up to see Anahita narrowing her eyes, perhaps seeing me finally within the mind of her soon to be addled husband.
The demons in Hell smiled upon me, and a miracle occurred. As the girl landed on her face, I saw it. She was wearing a yellow skirt that dragged to the ground, but where her youthful womanhood would be hiding, was a red stain. I read from Rustem’s terrified mind that it was her first menstruation—something they had not expected yet.
You are not from these times, so I will explain Rustem’s terror. The magi had strange and fantastic beliefs. One was that when a woman menstruated, she was actually possessed by a demon. The blood was the indication of that possession. This story came from the fables of the Magi. I will relate that tale tomorrow, if I am not too busy tormenting some poor devil.
http://www.extasybooks.com/banner-of-fire-9/

No comments:

Post a Comment