Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Sorcerer Gaumata--People are Cruel and Perverse


For now I found myself in an awkward situation. I knew I would be reprimanded, but I never imagined the punishment they were planning.
They took me to stand before the King of Kings, Cyrus the Great.
“I suggest death,” Rustem said.
“Yes, my friend. I respect your judgment, but for this time, make him an example for other evil mages,” Cyrus suggested.
“Very well. Chop off his ears!” Rustem ordered.
I was shocked and horrified. This punishment was worse than death. I would be disfigured for the rest of my life. People would look at me and know my disgrace. A large soldier approached me with his dagger unsheathed. Slowly he cut my ears off, one by one. The pain was unspeakable. I never thought anything could hurt that much. The ears are very sensitive. I never knew how much.
I was released, and I fell to the ground screeching in agony. I writhed for hours until finally I fell into unconsciousness. Nobody tended to my wounds. I woke to the buzzing of flies laying eggs into the wounds where my ears had once been. The throbbing pain threatened to drive me insane, but dreams of revenge helped me as I staggered to the woods.
My teeth chattered as I muttered spells in an attempt to ease my pain. I had not learned spells to ease pain, for healing spells seemed worthless to me. I never knew that I myself would need them. Tears gushed from my eyes as I continued to gnash my teeth and cry out. Pain tore through me like streams of fire. I swore through all of this that Rustem, Cyrus, and all of their descendants would pay for my suffering.

http://www.devinedestinies.com/kitsune-tsukis-possession/


No comments:

Post a Comment